Monday, January 3, 2011

kalahari hart

it is not the eye that sees the the beauty of the heaven nor the ear that hears the sweetness of the warm wind , but the soul , that perceives all the relishes of sensual and intellectual perfections, and the more nobler the soul, the more savoury are its perceptions. i have had the honour of being in the company of these sincerely beautiful souls for a few days.

I'm trying to sum up of the best few days of my life. you remember when you were a child and your father would bring you home some sweet things after work? no , better than that.better than shoving your fat face in a piece of cake.

we left early on the 28Th of December and continued up to upington , kalahari wereld. from the moment we entered the car the drive was entertaining , i mean with two of the people who can make me laugh so much that i fear vein popping in my brain in front, you know you 've done well- red bull highs and sugar rushes were imminent. from the word go there was dancing, pulling faces and a excitement in the early morning- pie - eating air.

then the moment we arrived in a thunder storm with the thunder gently teasing and the colours dancing on the horizon i knew this was going to be one for the books.
from a borat suit and washing bedding early morning- bonding even more with this fashionably sensitive boy ,but yet too cool too care.
i kid you not we had a bear grylls moment where a young boratting one bravely took a moth the size of my hand and poped it in there, yes. and then there was me who in mid air thought it very clever to jump off the bakkie (in the dark on a non tarred road- is that even a word?) i thought i would hit the road running. i . did . not. fuck.

what are you nasha? some kind of girl or something.

we did however catch the illusive spring hair a few times thanks to sensitive boy with his skilled doring boom direction.(n man so na aan my hart) van gatwip tot cane en oros. we did it all. we were even brave enough to go streaking in the rain with no light whatso ever ( dankie vir daardie een ogies) at least i can tick that off my bucket list - it does have such a ring too it - kaal gat in die kalahari. Johan bakkes would be so proud. the safety of standing in the wind with the warmth of someone behind you.the laughs in the morning about the night before and that every night we all would sit around this huge table and have dinner together.
the sun downers on the rooi duin made me think of being a child again and feeling that life can really be pina colada's and mainstay .
one of the most special moments were when i went running in the veld. with the sun just about to say goodbye and Africa reminding me how she runs in our blood,
time stopped moving and somewhere there i remembered why i am such a rabbadoo-
-returning to smiles, a fire and some sweaty love. doubt truth be a liar, but never doubt my love.

i have never bonded so much and so quickly with a group of friends- people i have known for years and some i only met now. but we made amazing , special memories.

and on the Sunday blues trip back i had to fight off the demons in my throat. but in order to move forward and make new memories we have to accept that this was and start planning the new ones. the only constant is change.

i feel it in my bones, that this is going to be a good year for all of us. may 2011 bring you love, happiness and all the things you deserve. this is your year.

dear friends, i leave you with this. make 2011 your bitch and i will see you all later.


Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes and leap

It's time to try
Defying gravity
I think I'll try
Defying gravity
And you can't pull me down...

I'm through accepting limits
'Cuz someone says they're so
Some things I cannot change
But 'till I try, I'll never know
Too long I've been afraid of
Losing love - I guess I have lost
Well, if that's love
It comes at much too high a cost

I'd sooner buy
Defying gravity
Kiss me goodbye
I'm defying gravity
And you can't pull me down...

There's no fight we cannot win
Just you and I
Defying gravity
With you and I
Defying gravity

They'll never bring us down...

So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately -
Ev'ryone deserves the chance to fly
And if I'm flying solo
At least I'm flying free
To those who'd ground me
Take a message back from me -

Tell them how I
Am defying gravity!
I'm flying high
Defying gravity!
And soon I'll match them in renown
And nobody in all of Oz
No wizard that there is or was
Is ever gonna bring me down!

-wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment