Sunday, October 3, 2010

Anthony, i'll walk you home anyday.*




I was immensely out of my dress excited when i heard that kings of Leon was bringing out a new album in October.so i hit the torrent site's and got meself a "to go please"...I have always been a big fan since i first heard the bucket at a house party in klipkers and proceeded to buy all their albums after that. my second car accident happened while i was listening to sex on fire from only by night. but since last album mentioned came out many people said their music has changed and now they are more pop than special,and has lost their hard teeth grinding edge.



but my argument remains till this day that if you are a n artist you must grow and hence the fact that as you grow your music will change, you will still have the essence of who you are and the rhythms will still be recognisable yours, but is it not the mission of a musician to climb the ladder too the top and make it their bitch?
i have not deserted them as Caleb's voice always leaves me with a tingle deep in my bones and many have been putting them down since the sex on fire show and little teenagers running around in bobby socks saying "i love kings of Leon,they are the best new band! while twirling their hair". um honey do you know they have 4 albums before this one. wake the fuck up and be your own person.yes, that also made me angry but cheese on rice if you are famous and you make kick ass music you cant help if people make ridiculous remixes of your songs or just happened to try and follow the in crowd of the week.
so it was with a hint of nerves and a pack of Marlboro that i proceeded to put my headphones on and listen to the new album- come around sundown- and i was pleasantly surprised ,recorded in New York city it has a edge that i have never heard in them before adding a violin to back down south in their intro .no money reminds me off their first album youth & young manhood with a little bit of red morning light somewhere. i fell in love with pyro with lyrics such as "all the black inside me is slowly seeping from the bones" ..but then again their is also the kak tracks like Mary that reeks of seventeen ..nee dankie se die gansie.

The lyrics are true and they sing of their eyes swelling up and being emotional, I'll throw my pantie at them any day..but not just that -bottom line is they have stuck it out for 5 albums so far.say what you want they make damn good music, maybe I'm over loyal or maybe I'm just blinded by their intense good looks but the the only way is up so: sluk, maak jou oe toe en daar gaan jy... and too be honest i love these boys and i love their music so i don't give a bugger what you think.
amen.
*for those of you who don't know Caleb's full name is ANTHONY CALEB FOLLOWILL

No comments:

Post a Comment