Wednesday, September 15, 2010

silent nights in Africa.

"it is not the eye that see's the beauty of heaven, nor is it the ear that hears the sweetness of music or the glad tidings of a prosperous occurrence , but the soul, that preceives all the relishes of sensual and intellectual perfections and the more nobler and excellent the soul, the greater and more savory are it's perceptions."


die absolute punt van my kinderlike geluk. die woede maak my naar en brand my van binne af. ek wil skree. en vra hoe pienk wyn en frangelico weggegooi kan word in die wind. dinge gaan nooit weer dieselfde wees nie. my hart is stukkend vir Afrika. a distant memory now only to bring up salty tears and angry words filled sadness. dis n bitter pil om tesluk. n onnodige pil. n skielike uit die bloute uit pil- like a plane crashing for no apparent reason. n ander mens. n ander lewe. he reminded me of Robert Redfort. his inner calm. the wisdom taht shouted from his soft eyes and his gentle blond reddish glowing hair. but never ever without his cool. and then one day it broke. everything smashed too the floor and no one heard the shattering of the pieces.

sometimes i wish i could bleach my frontal loab and make everything white- blank- no memory- no nothing. but then again i would have nothing to learn from.

Silent night, broken night
All is fallen when you take your flight
I found some hate for you
Just for show
You found some love for me
Thinking I'd go
Don't keep me from crying to sleep
Sleep in heavenly peace

Silent night, moonlit night
Nothing's changed
Nothing is right
I should be stronger than weeping alone
You should be weaker than sending me home
I can't stop you fighting to sleep
Sleep in heavenly peace
Damien Rice- silent night

No comments:

Post a Comment